Modernizing with Android
Windows Support Has Ended
Microsoft’s extended support for Windows Embedded 6.5 Handheld ended on January 14th, 2020 and Embedded Handheld 8.1 mainstream support ended in 2019, while support for CE 6.0 ended in 2018. Zebra’s Android portfolio offers the capability to allow a smooth transition from Windows OS to Android without any compromises to the application. Their Android Mobility DBA extensions add security and a host of useful tools transforming the world’s most popular consumer operating system into an enterprise-ready portfolio powerhouse.
Modernize with Zebra® Android devices
- Optimize the user experience, while maintaining existing systems.
- Move to a modern graphic user interface, at your own pace.
- Boost productivity with modern workflow and user interface with push to talk capabilities.
- Tighten security and control and simplify management with Mobility DNA.
- Empower your workers with instant Push-to-Talk (PTT) capabilities over Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
- Capability to take pictures and integrate into the back end system.
- The Go Zebra Trade-In program allows you to upgrade for less. By purchasing one of Zebra’s eligible products and trading in an old unit, you can earn a rebate of $50 to $600.
Migrating to Android is Easier Than You Think
Out of the box, many industrial Zebra devices come ready to ease the transition with All-Touch Terminal Emulation (TE). In just three simple steps, this powerful tool moves your existing TE apps from traditional green screens to a modern, touch-screen user interface. What does this mean for your operations? Reduced training thanks to its graphic, intuitive UX. Bigger, on-screen buttons translate into less risk of errors. And fewer steps mean faster workflows. Plus, there’s no development or coding needed— simplifying the entire process.